Job Summary: Career Opportunity: The Management Trainee will work under the general direction of a mentor(s) in Portland, OR with various assignments and locations to develop the full set of technical and management skills necessary to function in major leadership positions to manage the entire operations of a facility. Departments included would be in converting, corrugated, shipping and others as assigned. Shifts for this position will vary.
Job Responsibilities: How you will impact WestRock:
- Works hard and smart; never satisfied with the status quo; always striving to do better; has high expectations of what can be accomplished.
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updates information.
- Open mind to new ideas.
- Consensus building skills.
- Communicates regularly with key internal customers and team members on a timely basis; able to effectively deliver presentations to a large group of people from multiple levels of the organization.
- Set high performance standards for self and the organization, performance demonstrates value for quality.
- Initiates projects in pursuit of a greater profitability; anticipates potential problems and addresses early.
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities.
- Able to set priorities, establish objectives, schedule activities, manage priorities and tasks.
- Support plant team initiatives and goals, cooperate and demonstrate positive attitude toward others, will assist in all areas as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications: What you need to succeed: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Military experience very helpful. Demonstrated competency with basic office programs such as MS Office Suite. Ability to work various shifts.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications: Prior experience in Operations, Paper Manufacturing, or a related field