Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. This is more than a job. This is your chance to contribute to the success of something bigger than yourself. This position is located in Oregon City, Oregon until 2024.
As a Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Manager for the Seattle Buildings office, you will contribute to the team by:
- Assisting with implementation of project HSE and regulatory requirements.
- Identifying, evaluating, developing, and delivering project specific HSE training.
- Reviewing project trend action plans.
- Verifying that hazard identification tools are in place on the project(s) and evaluating areas for process improvement.
- Overseeing and conducting formal HSE inspections and audits.
- Conducting audits to evaluate project HSE processes and creating action plans accordingly.
- Overseeing the quality and effectiveness of HSE inspections.
- Conducting pre-mobilization audits of trade contractor safety programs to ensure their compliance with regulations.
- Reviewing trade performance with trade contractor management and assisting with verification and review of HSE submission requirements.
- Participating in the investigation process as per the incident investigation matrix and determining when external resources are required.
- Monitoring work injury and ensuring modified work is followed and properly documented
- Implementing, monitoring, and supporting the project’s HSE manual, HSEOPs, safe work practices, and any other HSE-related practices.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer focused relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in OH&S or a related discipline.
- Industry experience may be substituted for education as assessed by management.
- 9 years of experience in a related industry, with direct experience in HSE.
- 4 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes and terminology.
- Expert knowledge of OH&S and environmental legislation related to projects/area.
- Ability to coach and mentor others on HSE processes.
- Conflict resolution, with the ability to manage and effectively resolve conflict with contractors/owners and influence others towards resolution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills on HSE topics to senior managers and projects.
- Ability to develop, influence, and maintain effective stakeholder relationships collaboratively.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal operational systems, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology
Compensation: Salary DOE
Apply Online at: