Job Summary: As a Broadband Technician I you will perform basic installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers. These services include, but are not limited to, video service, HSD Services, and home phone service and installation. This role performs basic troubleshooting from the tap to the customer’s electronic devices (TV, DVD, Modem etc.). This position will assist with installing, splicing, repairing and maintaining aerial, buried, and/or underground fiber optic and copper cable.
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates; install additional outlets and install or remove equipment (i.e. converters).
- Perform basic installation of all necessary cable wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware from the tap to the customer’s equipment for reception of cable and other company services that are offered for single and multi-family
- This may include burial of underground Broadband facilities utilizing different methods of placement, including excavation or hand digging for the placement of drop facilities to customer premise, streets and right of way and placement of conduit to customer premise, in streets and the right of ways as well as pulling of hardline into conduits after placement of conduits.
- Position may also be responsible for placement of conduit structure in new subdivision joint trench construction projects
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines in order to meet TDS’s business needs including but not limited to our obligations to our customers and to our customers’ needs.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Upon hire, must successfully complete customer-specific requirements, which may include a background check administered by the customer.
- Requires being available for on-call/standby responsibilities and may require occasional travel.
- Must be reliable and responsible, with a strong work ethic dedicated to a team.
- Practical knowledge/experience with computer applications.
- Familiarity with company products and services.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills, as well as effective communications skills (verbal and written) for interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Physical requirements may vary based on company needs: Ability to dig, lift and climb.
- Successful completion of the SCTE Broadband Premise
- Install test within the first 3 months of employment.
Compensation: Compensation for this role generally lies between $21.00 - $26.00/Hr. based on experience.
Apply Online: https://external-telecom-teldta.icims.com/jobs/20814/broadband-technician-i/job