Lift Maintenance Electrician
The Lift Maintenance Electrician is a full-time year-round position where the individual will be proficient in all the duties of the Lift Maintenance Mechanic and or Electrician and can guide, direct, and train Lift Maintenance Assistants and entry-level Lift Mechanics/Electricians in their fundamental responsibilities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The position also requires a comprehensive working knowledge of mechanical/electrical systems and principles, low voltage control system familiarity, PLC troubleshooting, safe industrial work practices, aerial and surface lift specific maintenance procedures, detailed maintenance inspections, and the ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Safely inspect & complete the preparation of a lift for operational use
- Fabrication and installation
- Data Collection & analysis of motor maintenance & PLC health
- Forecasting end of life/health of machinery & electronics
- Train entry level Lift Maintenance personnel in the proper operation of all lifts using main drive and auxiliary drives
- Inventory Management and purchasing; including the research of components & new applicable technology
- Project Management & planning; including task delegation & budgeting
- Perform weekly & monthly lift inspections, advanced preventative maintenance tasks & most electrical repairs
- PLC programming & understanding of ladder logic
- Develop & follow written procedures
- Troubleshoot advanced mechanical/electrical component discrepancies or failures
- Possess working knowledge of lift service and maintenance documentation, safety bulletins, drawings & parts catalogues, industry specific codes & requirements
Specific Job Skills:
- Licenses/Certifications - 2 ILM Certificates from PNSAA or another Lift Maintenance Seminar (RMLA, LMS, etc.) and climbing certified preferred.
- Technical - Mechanical/Electrical theories; industrial safety proficiency; fundamental troubleshooting advanced principles
- Additional - Communicate clearly and effectively using radio communications; hazard recognition; environmental training; Microsoft Office skills
Ability to work in a high-alpine environment, year-round.
- Minimum education required - High School Diploma and 18 years of age.
- Two year technical degree in Electronics or Industrial Controls preferred
- Minimum time in related position - Must have a minimum 2 years of electrical experience
- Thorough documentation for tech reference, legal purposes, forest service inspection & insurance
- Possess working knowledge of general mechanical/electrical concepts and principles as related to hydraulics, lubrications, power transmission, and rotating machinery as well as basic electricity
- Possess working knowledge of industry related tasks such as rigging and lifting, general ropeway maintenance principles and procedures, and industrial safety
- Safely operate various over the snow and wheeled vehicles
- Begin specializing in specific lift maintenance skills such as schematic upgrades, battery maintenance, electric motor maintenance, line circuitry maintenance, drive machinery maintenance, control systems, drive functions, over all troubleshooting of circuits.
- Document repairs, labor and materials on work orders - Assist in the electrical training and development of other departmental personnel
We are hiring both experienced and assistant level Lift Maintenance Electricians.
Current Hiring Rate: $28.28/hour
(for experienced Electricians, non-exempt hourly role).
Sign On Bonus: $1,000