We are currently seeking resumes for four (4) Apprentice Millwrights who will be committed to a 4-year state certified apprenticeship program at our Wallula, WA facility. After completion of the 4-year apprenticeship the successful candidates will receive a state journeyman card and then must complete a 4-year working commitment to PCA.
The apprentice millwright position is a mechanical craft position within our maintenance department. The majority of our millwrights work a Monday through Friday 8-hour day work schedule. In addition to on the job training additional unpaid classroom time will be required to achieve state certification.
Provides troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment in technical support of the PCA Wallula Pulp and Paper Mill operation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- All candidates will be required to pass the company's standardized aptitude test for initial consideration.
- Previous mechanical experience.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to work safely in a labor-intensive environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Must be able to acquire and retain a multi-craft skill set.
- The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both Journeyman Millwright and Pipefitter.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, fans, and agitators;
- Be proficient in burning and welding techniques.
- Candidates must have their own complete set of tools.
- Candidates that possess roll grinding experience.
- Candidates that have worked in a heavy industrial environment.
- Candidates should have the following skills:
- Read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts, formulas.
- Read equipment instruction manuals; align equipment to specified tolerances; good knowledge of metallurgy and other materials for fabrication processes.
How to Apply: