We are currently seeking resumes for two Apprentice Pipefitters who will be committed to a 4-year state certified apprenticeship program at our Wallula, WA facility. After completion of the 4-year apprenticeship the successful candidates will receive a state journeyman card and then must complete a 4-year working commitment to PCA. The apprentice pipefitter position is a mechanical craft position within our maintenance department. The majority of our pipefitters work a Monday through Friday 8-hour day work schedule. In addition to on the job training additional unpaid classroom time will be required to achieve state certification.
Provides troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment in technical support of the PCA Wallula Pulp and Paper Mill operation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- All candidates will be required to pass the company's standardized aptitude test for initial consideration.
- Previous mechanical experience.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to work safely in a labor-intensive environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Must be able to acquire and retain a multi-craft skill set.
- The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both Journeyman Millwright and Pipefitter.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of shop math including arithmetic of right angles, areas, volumes, pipe bends, pipe offsets, and blue print readings.
- Hand and power tools associated with pipefitting.
- Working knowledge of materials associated with pipefitting including gaskets, packing, metals and plastics.
- Pipe layout and fabrication, hangers mitered joints and offsets.
- All forms of piping i.e. flanged, screwed, welded, bell & spigot, fire systems, tubing and hoses.
- Be proficient in burning and welding techniques.
- Welding to include arc welding, rod selection, TIG, brazing, and silver solder.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders and control valve maintenance and adjustment.
- Knowledge of steam joints, siphons and traps.
- Candidates must have their own complete set of tools.
- Candidates that have worked in a heavy industrial environment.
Compensation: $28.27 / hour
How to Apply: