Branch Operations Specialist
Oregon Food Bank
Job Summary: The Branch Operations Specialist works with the Branch Warehouse Lead to perform daily completion of receiving, storage and distribution of food and other products at one of Oregon Food Bank’s remote branches – Ontario, OR serving Malheur and Harney Counties. The Branch Operations Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require strict compliance with established inventory and material handling procedures and an understanding of the requirements of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Feeding America. The Branch Operations Specialist will drive a 24-foot refrigerated box truck to pick up retail food donations and deliver them to partner agencies on a regular basis.
- Route product as directed to storage locations, verify item, count and locate into inventory as per OFB standard operating procedures.
- Load / unload inbound product.
- Combine pallets and rearrange space to accommodate a steady flow of product.
- Pick orders.
- Assist partner agency representatives in picking up orders.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer projects in the warehouse as directed.
- Provide courteous and responsive service to donors, agency staff and volunteers as well as to clients at direct service distributions.
- Pick up regular and episodic food donations from grocery stores, farms, packing sheds and local food manufacturers as directed.
- Deliver food to Partner Agencies as directed.
- Support seasonal and episodic mobile food distributions and special deliveries to underserved areas.
- Execute inventory-related recall directives.
- Participate in planned physical inventories.
- Keep assigned areas clean and perform other housekeeping and sanitation duties.
- Perform pest control inspection
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep passion for eliminating hunger and its root causes.
- Warehouse experience and / or experience in grocery and fresh and frozen products.
- High school diploma or GED. Proficient in basic math.
- Ability to operate a computer to execute tasks such as sending and receiving email, preparing basic memos, and recording relevant warehouse and agency information in a warehouse management system (Primarius).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be adaptable to a changing workload.
- Safe driving record, current vehicle insurance and ability to use personal vehicle for OFB business.
- Ability to drive a company van or refrigerated truck.
- Ability to move and lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to communicate clearly using push-to-talk telephones.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: Organizational level preferred qualifications of non-exempt employees include:
- Multilingual skills at a minimum professional level of proficiency or greater in English and any additional language/s, defined as being able to speak the languages with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical and professional topics.
- Multicultural skills of adaptation and integration are strongly preferred. Adaptation is defined as the capacity to communicate and interact with people of multiple cultures, backgrounds, and styles by incorporating and adapting to the world view and perspectives of others. Integration is defined as being able to move in and out of one's worldview and help others understand different cultures, backgrounds, and styles to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment to continued professional development to strengthen capacity to work through an equity lens for equity and racial justice.
Apply Online: https://www.oregonfoodbank.org/careers