Job Summary: As the Building Engineer, you'll be responsible for all preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance, and repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems, ensuring the maintenance systems are running efficiently – and to ensure the safety of our clients and their properties. You will respond to client requests, prioritize, and assign work orders to be performed by Building Engineers, and follow up to ensure minimal downtime. You are familiar with the location and have a working knowledge of life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary. You also understand how to develop and maintain positive relationships with property managers, suppliers, and department leaders. And with a keen eye for details, you’ll be able to successfully manage multiple priorities and reports, including inventory, records, and schedules.
- Maintain and check daily operating logs for the following: air conditioning, fan units, graph charts, utility meters and general complaints.
- Ensure that building systems and tenant service requests are handled efficiently at the most economical cost.
- Successfully coordinate contractor, tenant, and management approvals for work orders
- Demonstrate a clear understating of operating procedures and proper chemical treatment levels for cooling towers and boilers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 years' experience in building/property maintenance or engineer experience preferable within commercial buildings
- Proven working knowledge of HVAC systems/maintenance, electrical, plumbing, energy management systems and other building mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of building and fire codes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- A valid driver’s license
- Clear motor vehicle record (MVR)
Make your next move an expert one and join us as we lead the industry into the future. Direct applicants only please, no agencies. Colliers provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation: $30 - $35/hour
To Apply: Please apply online or email your resume to Carrie.email@example.com.