Job Summary: LIT Workshop is a custom fabrication shop that has been in business over 20 years. We are looking for an beginner Carpenters who prides themselves on quality and a commitment to helping our clients produce amazing projects. We offer competitive benefits, PTO and compensation based on your experience. If you are looking to challenge yourself and work on a wide range of different projects then we are the company for you! We Offer: 80 hours of PTO 40 hours of paid sick time 6 paid Holidays a year A selection of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans Employer paid Long-Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance 401(k) with a safe harbor employer match after 6 months of service.
- Prepare parts for cabinetry or any other assemble project.
- Follow client requirements as specified and ensure all work follows prints.
- QC material and finished components and ensure all parts meet tolerances.
- Follow direction of Wood Shop Supervisor in build and preparing materials for assembly, including store displays, furniture, event booths, cabinetry and a wide range of other projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to understand and work from drawing packages and competently use measuring tools Able to select correct hand and power tools and use with good and safe practices
- Assembly of sub structures
- Assembly of main assemblies both finished and unfinished (laminate and/or paint)
- Understanding of QC process and able to identify/ correct any defects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to changing duties and projects.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Understand joinery and attachment methods
- Machine set up and operation of the following: o Edge bander o Table saw o Chop saw o Timesaver o Drill press o Blum hinge machine o Horizontal boring o Shaper o Plainer
- Following LEAN practices in both set up and working operations
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety practices
Compensation: $22-$27 /hr
We aren't afraid to train, but we are looking for people with a good work ethic looking for a career. We are a Non-Union shop that has Wood CNC, Carpentry Shop, Laser CNC's, Press Brakes, Mills and Lathes, Welders, Paint Shop and Powder Coating. If you have the right attitude and attention for detail we are willing to train you!
Please send your resume and an emailed introduction and description of your work experience to our Operations and Human Resources Manager: email@example.com