Job Summary: LIT Workshop is a custom fabrication shop that has been in business over 20 years. We are looking for an experienced Wood Shop Carpenter who prides themselves on quality and a commitment to helping our clients produce amazing projects. We offer competitive benefits, PTO and compensation based on your experience. If you are looking to challenge yourself and work on a wide range of different projects then we are the company for you! We Offer: 80 hours of PTO; 40 hours of paid sick time; 6 paid Holidays a year; A selection of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans; Employer paid Long-Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance 401(k) with a safe harbor employer match after 6 months of service
- Prepare parts for cabinetry or any other assemble project.
- Follow client requirements as specified and ensure all work follows prints.
- QC material and finished components and ensure all parts meet tolerances.
- Lead and teach the next generation of carpenters and fabricators in build processes.
- Occasionally go and install projects on client sites.
- Work with Wood Shop Supervisor and Mechanical Design to determine best ways to build client projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of established wood fabrication experience
- Work with Wood Department Lead and Mechanical Design Team to determine build direction and process in support of client requirements.
- Established experience troubleshooting and correcting build issues to limit material waste.
- Able to understand and work from drawing packages and competently use measuring tools
- Able to select correct hand and power tools and use with good and safe practices
- Advanced understanding of joinery and attachment methods
- Assembly of sub structures
- Assembly of main assemblies both finished and unfinished (laminate and/or paint)
- Machine set up and operation of the following:
-Blum Hinge Machine
- Able to fully train others in all areas of wood shop fabrication.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: Understanding of QC process and able to identify/correct any defects Regular attendance is required Other duties as assigned by manager Ability to troubleshoot problems and suggest solutions
To Apply: Please email your Resume and an introduction about yourself to our Operations and Human Resources Manager at" firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!