Are you a Journey Level Carpenter with great attention to detail? Are you looking for a company that is dedicated to building high-quality spaces for Oregonians? Do you take pride in your work, while still looking for new skills to learn? Of so, you might be the Carpenter we are looking for in our Portland operations! Neil Kelly offers residential home remodeling services, handyperson service and solar installation services. All our carpenters enjoy full time hours and steady work. All Neil Kelly company carpenters in Oregon are in the Union. We pay Union residential rates and you enjoy Union benefits, including pension, health care, leave and more. If you are not already a member of the Union, we can get you set up!
- Carpentry Labor, demo, job clean-up, job safety.
- Protecting customer's property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property.
- Providing supervision when necessary.
- Knowing and understanding all job-related paper work, ie. permits, plans, change orders and specifications.
- Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Neil Kelly Company contracts with our clients and subcontractors.
- Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pickup and delivery of materials.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Carpentry Skills with: Cabinets, Windows, Doors, Moldings, Exterior trim, Interior finish work
- Experience with Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling, and other Residential Remodeling
- Customer service and client interaction skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team • Self-motivated
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and detailed specifications
- Ability to work in a clean/tidy manner
- The right tools to do the job
- Pickup truck with canopy, or utility type van
- Able to pass required pre-employment screenings including criminal background, MVR, and drug screenings
- Able to perform physical exertion including: carrying, climbing, crawling, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, hauling, and lifting as much as 100 pounds
- Maintain company and OSHA safety requirements • Obtain/maintain current First Aid/CPR certification
- All Neil Kelly carpenters (in Oregon) must be active members of the NW Carpenters Union, or join upon hire
Compensation: Union Residential Wages and Benefits
Please apply at: https://www.neilkelly.com/careers/