Civil Construction Inspector
Our people make a difference when it comes to Improving lives and communities one infrastructure project at a time. CMTS LLC., is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Inspector located in Salem, OR. CMTS has been around for 35 years, and the longevity is what has allowed us to grow, come grow with us!
Construction Inspector will provide Journey-level public works inspection with responsibilities including, but not limited to, enforcing contract stipulations, regulations, specifications and codes relating to public works construction projects. Review engineering plans and contract documents. Review and prepare daily reports on construction of storm drain, water, sewer, and street projects as well as specialty projects such as water and sewer pump stations, water treatment, wastewater treatment, traffic signals, bridges, and parks. Natural resource restoration (streams or riverbanks) may also be included.
- Administer construction public works contracts
- Read and interpret survey notes and perform survey-related computations
- Read and interpret construction plans, specifications, codes, laws and contracts
- Maintain construction records and document daily construction activities
- Inspectors will report to a city staff Project Manager or Contract Administrator and will be expected to communicate effectively with the general public regarding project information, as well as assisting in the coordination of the resolution of construction problems and before they can become issues
- Partner with citizens, community groups and/or contractors
- Read and interpret survey notes
- Execute safety practices
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of construction processes and methods, materials and their use, characteristics, preparation and/or installation
- Knowledge of construction standards, code requirements and standard practices
- Knowledge of characteristics and capabilities of construction equipment, and tools used in construction inspection
- Ability to perform math calculations associated with the computation or estimation construction progress, dimensions, quantities, slopes, grades, and cost
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- High aptitude of experience and efficiency.
- OSHA 10 General Safety and CPR/First Aid required.
- State or County issued Inspector License or Certification is desirable
Compensation: $34.00 - $38.00/hour
Apply online at: https://cmtsllc.com/careers/