Construction Crew Lead
The Construction Crew Lead is integral to Habitat for Humanity’s goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. The primary responsibility is to lead groups of volunteers to build homes at different phases of construction. Tasks include but are not limited to site prep, framing, finish carpentry, interior and exterior paint, landscaping, clean up, and performing punch list work assigned by the Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent. Crew Leads also provide daily-on site orientations and safety talks. On occasion, participation in larger community projects and affiliate events is required, at times outside of the normal work week.
- Volunteers and Partner Homeowners Lead and teach crews of volunteers in building homes
- Understand elements that contribute to successful volunteer experiences and help ensure that volunteers have a consistently safe, positive, encouraging environment, motivating them to return Ensure that communication with volunteers and partner homeowners is respectful, accurate, and timely
- Assist in identifying volunteer jobs/needs not currently filled, and satisfy needs with appropriate volunteers
- Lead small groups of volunteers, ensuring that they are well-utilized while on the work sites
- Use volunteer management techniques to facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and partner families working on site
- Collaborate with construction staff to identify skilled/enthusiastic volunteers and cultivate their involvement in Habitat’s work (i.e. encourage them to consider being trained as regular site leaders and/or returning volunteers)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and/or with varied language skills
- Proven leadership skills; positive disposition and even temperament
- Understand and embrace the volunteer perspective
- Strong multi-tasking skills, including managing various projects and deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills, including supervising unexpected issues and emergencies
- Commitment to affordable housing development and the mission of Habitat
- One year minimum experience in the construction/contracting business
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Any qualifying combination of education, certification, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Carpenter or framer experience
Compensation: $18.75/hour to $26.25/hour.
How to Apply:
Submit the following materials at: https://bit.ly/HABCAREERS
- Cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position.
- Three professional references
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.