Diesel Mechanic- $2,500 Hiring Bonus!
Job Summary: Rev up your career with TriMet as a Diesel Mechanic! Our Diesel Mechanics are experts in all things bus. They are forward-looking and experienced problem-solvers responsible for keeping our vehicles in top performance on the road. As an essential member of the Maintenance team, their skills in mechanical diagnosis, identification and repair ensure that our fleet of nearly 700 buses is safe for service for our valued riders, employees and the community. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and join a world-class team dedicated to keeping Portland moving, we’re offering a $2,500 hiring bonus!
Job Responsibilities: The Diesel Mechanic performs and supports a wide variety of bus repair and maintenance duties on our buses. Primary responsibilities include rebuilding, repairing and maintaining engines, transmissions, differentials, gear components and related component parts. Other duties include repairing and maintaining passenger and operator seating and upholstery, completing repairs to the body and structure, preparing for painting and providing welding, metal fabrication and machining services as necessary. The Diesel Mechanic also performs similar duties on our transit support vehicles and will have opportunities to help power our all-electric bus fleet in support of our zero-emissions goal by 2040.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent is required.
- Eighteen (18) months of training in diesel technology and power systems at an accredited school or training program are required.
- Two (2) years of experience working as a heavy-duty diesel mechanic are required.
- Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Must possess, or can obtain, a valid Oregon Class "A" Commercial Driver License (CDL) with passenger endorsement, no air brake restrictions and a valid DOT medical card.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: Transit agency and/or trucking fleet experience is preferred.
Apply Online: etc. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/trimet/jobs/3491214-0/diesel-mechanic-2-500-hiring-bonus