Oregon Food Bank
Job Summary: The Distribution Specialist works as part of a team in a warehouse over 100,000 square feet, following established inventory and material handling procedures to receive and distribute food and other products using a warehouse management system (Primarius) and handheld computers. The Distribution Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of food warehousing procedures and receiving and storing of products. You are flexible and adaptable to a fluid and dynamic environment, and bring a positive, can-do attitude to daily work challenges. You prioritize customer service and collaboration, and can balance competing work demands with composure and accountability to achieve desired results.
- Operate several types of warehouse equipment safely and proficiently.
- Report all incidents and accidents to the manager, filling out the incident/accident form correctly.
- Receive and store products in dry, freezer, and cooler warehouses, using FIFO methods, and count and locate into inventory using hand held computers.
- Communicate with Shipping Lead, Managers and Inventory Specialist about issues, challenges, and errors in goods ordered and received as well as transferring products between warehouses.
- Maintain productivity and accuracy while order pulling.
- Ensure proper warehouse space management by combining pallets and rearranging space to accommodate a steady flow of products.
- Analyze, plan and manage work with other departments to ensure the proper flow of product in and out of the warehouse that is being repacked, ensuring that Regional Food Banks, Partner Agencies and clients are served well.
Required Skills and Qualifications: Three to five years’ experience in a warehouse environment or relevant field. Ability to operate a handheld and desktop computer. Working knowledge of basic math, English grammar, sorting, and reading skills. Ability to operate, or learn how to operate, hand and electric pallet jacks and various forklifts. Ability to use a computer to accurately maintain warehouse inventory, research problems with orders or inventory and other software needed to communicate with the organization, i.e. (Gmail, various organization calendars, google docs). Ability to learn and safely operate manual and powered industrial trucks (sit down and stand up forklifts, pallet riders, stock pickers, and reach trucks) IAW OR-OSHA 1910.178; prior experience with warehouse equipment is preferred.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: ● Food warehouse experience. ● Customer service experience. ● Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Apply Online: https://www.oregonfoodbank.org/careers