The Equipment Mechanic will conduct various repair and maintenance activities for Stumptown HQ and Cold Brew facilities, keeping operations running with minimal disruption or downtime. Reporting to the Facilities and Equipment Manager, this role will be tasked with maintaining process and procedures, equipment and facility preventative maintenance (PM) schedules, efficiency metrics, and vendor networks. They will repair and maintain plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, electrical and electronic components, either through hands-on expertise, or through partnering with third-party service providers as appropriate.
- Execute programs and processes related to equipment maintenance and best practices on preventative maintenance.
- Achieve goals regarding productivity metrics (downtime, capacity, output, etc) and improvements over time.
- Provide repairs and improvements to facilities and equipment including, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Partner with Manager and Operations team to enhance Preventive Maintenance systems and procedures on all equipment; execute activities according to the maintenance schedule.
- Respond promptly to all service requests with a high level of internal customer service.
- Assist equipment operators to improve line efficiency.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and food safety guidelines.
- Maintain communication and relationship with multiple 3rd party service providers.
- Perform duties effectively in a diverse teamwork environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Certifications or at least 2 years of experience in maintaining, repairing, overhauling, and troubleshooting processing, packaging, and material handling equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to accurately assess mechanical problems, make recommendations, communicate effectively, and resolve issues quickly while working under pressure.
- Basic computer skills- able to navigate email, NetSuite, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience with operating and maintaining, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work habits.
- Schedule flexibility to work nights and weekends and in multiple sites
Compensation: $24 - $29 /hr DOE
Apply online at: https://jobs.lever.co/stumptowncoffee