The Exhibit Engineer applies their varied knowledge and skills—with engineering and/or machining manufacturing principles at the core—towards the development, prototyping, and production of a variety of exhibit components in support of delivering high quality, interactive exhibits and experiences.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
- 3 years experience—in a shop environment or similar production house—utilizing machines and tooling for production of mechanical components
- Thorough knowledge of machine tools such as metal lathe, metal mills, welders, and processes for the production of mechanical and electrical exhibit components
- Working knowledge of drafting and mechanical engineering concepts and methods
- Working knowledge of electronics and electrical construction
- Ability to estimate material and labor costs for project proposals
- Ability to effectively manage and work on multiple projects or tasks in different phases of development, often with overlapping and time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to model and support a positive team dynamic with people from diverse talents and backgrounds, with an emphasis on team-based collaboration and product evaluation
Compensation: $24 - $26 per hour
How to Apply:
Apply Online at https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/663951.html