Facilities Maintenance Technician 1
Job Summary: The City of Gresham is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician 1 vacancy in the Department of Environmental Services. The ideal candidate will possess the necessary technical skills, be self-motivated, take initiative when appropriate, have a solid work ethic and good problem-solving skills, and maintain a positive attitude. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Assist in inspecting buildings and facilities to identify maintenance and repair needs
• Perform a variety of painting tasks throughout City facilities
• Perform maintenance and repair work, including carpentry, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, landscaping, and mechanical using a variety of hand and power tools and equipment, such as saws, drills, paint sprayers, air compressors, pesticide sprayers, sewer augers, gauges, various carpentry and landscaping tools, and others
• Operate light- and medium-duty trucks in picking up and delivering materials and supplies to various City locations.
• Be someone who is collaborative and enjoys working as part of a close-knit team, but is also able to work individually as needed
• Be a person who understands practices, principles, procedures, regulations, and techniques as they relate to painting techniques, building operations and maintenance Please see posting for more details.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Up to one (1) year of experience in responding and resolving facilities requests, inspecting buildings and facilities, laborer in construction or repair work, painting or related experience
• Valid driver's license
• Good driving record (based on our driving matrix described below)
• Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
• CPR/AED and First Aid certification is required within 6 months of hire
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Aerial and Truck-Mount Boom Lift certification is required within 6 months of hire
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Confined Space certification is required within 6 months of hire
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Forklift certification is required within 6 months of hire
Compensation: $51,499.00 - $65,759.00 Annually
Apply Online: For more details and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/gresham/jobs/4354600/facilities-maintenance-technician-1?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs If you have questions, please contact HRRecruiting@GreshamOregon.gov