Facilities Technician 3
Job Summary: The Department The Facilities team plays a crucial role in supporting all aspects of the Oregon Humane Society. Through cross departmental communications and interactions, we ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff, volunteers, donors, the general public, and any and all vendors who find themselves on our ever expanding campus.
The Position The Facilities Technician 3 is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties for the purpose of maintaining and supporting the needs of the OHS Animal Shelter and Medical facility, grounds and vehicles. All duties are performed according to established safety procedures, OSHA requirements and department guidelines. Also responsible for mentoring and training new employees and volunteers and working as a collaborative team member with a high degree of customer orientation and attention to detail.
- Locate, read and interpret all facility blueprints, as well as OEM and shop manuals accurately.
- Maintain department documents in an orderly, readable and easily accessible manner.
- Understand and retain knowledge of the controls and components that operate OHS’ mechanical and utility systems, including HVAC, security, fire/sprinkler and lighting systems.
- Understand and retain knowledge of naming conventions pertinent to each system.
- Correctly locate and operate controls that shut off, modify or turn on systems.
- Must be able to quickly and effectively trouble shoot issues or problems with the system and initiate service calls to trained professionals.
- Paint in interior and exterior areas of the OHS facility, using prescribed colors and proper technique as specified by product specifications.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance such as repairing plumbing leaks or breaks, opening clogged lines and drains, replacing washers and other minor parts and repairing items.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 year(s) Facilities experience; or combined OHS and Facilities experience
- Able and willing to successfully complete Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check including a fingerprint.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and schematics as they relate to buildings and utilities services systems.
- Able to observe, record, and report unsafe working conditions and to follow safety standards in working with multiple services, tools, and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate with a diverse population in a consistently informative, confident, respectful, and professional manner.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and exercise sound judgment during all interactions with the public, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Able to set goals, prioritize, delegate work, and provide feedback to others to complete multiple tasks on or before deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of independence, initiative, and organizational skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Frequent moving of equipment requiring lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items weighing up to 100 lbs. Prolonged standing, walking, and/or stooping may occur.
- Frequent climbing, bending, stooping, crawling, lifting and carrying.
- Frequent use of hands and arms at or above shoulder level.
- Frequent driving on public roadways in varying weather and traffic conditions.
- Able to safely operate OHS vehicles and/or equipment in all weather conditions.
- Able to wear required safety and/or personal protective equipment including but not limited to gloves, eye protection and ear protection.
- Able to distinguish frequencies, sounds, colors and odors in the operation of equipment in order to troubleshoot for repairs.
Compensation: $19.50-$21.50 DOE
Apply Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=131975&clientkey=69D3DFDA5AE82633AF41AAC425DD34D0