Job Summary: ***This position comes with a $20,000 sign on bonus*** As a Fiberglass Technician, you will work in a shop environment as well as in the field to perform rough and finished fiberglass work, repairing and maintaining tanks and ducting and reactor shells. There will be plenty of day to day variety in this position including working with engineers and production operators to create equipment parts as well as repairs and maintenance. This position will work Monday – Friday, day shift, typically from 6:00 am – 2:00 pm.
This role in the Maintenance Department is instrumental to the operation in meeting production goals and objectives to continue our growth and meet customer expectations. You’ll also need to be able to use basic and standard carpentry hand tools, power tools and fiberglass specialty tools. To accomplish this, you'll work collaboratively with Operations and all departments across the plant, to provide expertise on a variety of work orders.
Job Responsibilities: Functions of the Fiberglass Technician included, but are not limited to, the following:
• Build fiberglass components to and including tanks, duct work, and fiberglass shells.
• Set up and operate fiberglass chop gun, with the ability to cut, finish and form material for the job.
• Use a variety of carpentry hand and power tools to form, fabricate, finish, and create molds.
• Perform touch-up or incidental gel coating as required in connection with repairs.
• Maintain accurate records such as labor hours and preventative maintenance findings on work orders, and create job plans for future reference on jobs.
• Work in high places (in excess of 80 feet) and in confined spaces.
• Responsible for prepping material getting fiber glassed.
• It is critical to adhere to, and promote, all safety policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications: • High School Diploma or equivalent. • 4 years of hands on industrial fiberglass experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with industrial fiberglass maintenance repairs.
• Experience reading, understanding, and following construction drawings and procedures.
• Good decision making and prioritization skills and can work under pressure.
• Candidate must be able to complete task with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Compensation: $35.99/hr - union wages & benefits
Apply Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1115641&d=ATIMetals&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000780620506
Questions? Contact Dawn Gould at Dawn.Gould@ATImetals.com or (541) 214-0393