Fire Systems Inspector
This position is in the Utilities Maintenance Department and serves to provide inspection, testing, and maintenance for all fire and fire sprinkler systems on the OHSU campus. Including but not limited to sprinkler systems, fire smoke dampers, fire dampers, smoke dampers, portable fire extinguishers, and other such installed “fire” systems. This position is responsible for all periodic testing and documentation necessary to maintain compliance with al/ regulatory agencies and authorities having jurisdiction, and for maintaining all systems in a fully operational state. The work will be performed in OHSU owned and designated leased buildings both on and off the Marquam Hill campus. This position works as a part of a functional team within the department of Facilities.
- Performs routine inspections and prescribed tests of fire systems and components of that system including but not limited to sprinkler systems, fire smoke dampers, fire dampers, smoke dampers, portable fire extinguishers, and other such installed “fire” systems as required by various agencies and authorities having jurisdiction
- Schedules and conducts testing to meet all code compliance
- Maintains documentation of test results adequate to demonstrate complete compliance with all applicable codes and regulations
- Develops reports on system test results and assists coordinator in determining the reliability of these systems
- Inspects campus buildings, including hospitals, clinics, labs, and research facilities in cooperation with Environmental Health and Safety, the Fire Marshall, and other personnel as required
- Collaborates with OHSU stakeholders to discuss life safety strategies, polities, and inspections, and provides information on inspections and tests to the Fire Marshall or other agencies as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years experience altering, testing, inspecting, repairing and maintaining fire alarm and suppression systems
- A valid driver’s license
- Some positions may require City of Portland Fire Extinguisher Service Permit, National Fire Protection Association Fire Systems, and Fire Alarms Systems Certification.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
Experience working in a hospital environment
Compensation: $29.13 - $34.13 per hour