Fleet Maintenance Technician II
Job Summary: The Fleet Maintenance Technician 2 position will perform maintenance and repair on light and heavy duty equipment and vehicles to ensure minimal downtime for our customers providing direct service to the Multnomah County Community.
Compensation: $27.25 - 33.37 Hourly
Job Responsibilities: Some of the responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1) Perform preventive maintenance duties such as changing oil, replacing filters, checking fluid levels and lubricating moving parts.
2) Check and replace worn belts and hoses; repair cooling system and heater problems; check and measure brake lining thickness; clean and adjust brakes; check driveshaft joints and half shaft boots.
3) Inspect, repair and replace standard transmissions, clutches, differentials, transaxles, drive shafts, half shafts tires, mirrors, steering and suspension systems, accessories and safety equipment; replace standard or strut shock absorbers; inspect, test, and replace starters, exhaust systems, batteries, charging systems and shock absorbers.
4) Transport vehicles; inspect vehicles for alignment problems; pick up supplier parts; wash and clean vehicles.
5) Diagnose, repair and maintain heavy vehicles and equipment such as loaders, cranes, pavers, rollers, sweepers, and snow removal equipment.
Required Skills & Qualifications: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade Two years experience in serving, lubricating, and repairing light and heavy equipment including tire repair Possession of a set of tools sufficient to perform duties. A valid driver's license Be able to pass a criminal records check
Preferred Skills & Qualifications: Completion of an approved auto repair training program. A valid commercial driver license (CDL)
Apply Online: https://multco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Multco_Jobs/job/East-PortlandMid-County/Fleet---Automotive---Mechanic-Technician_R-6746