Job Summary: We are looking for someone who is interested in getting their foot in the door and is comfortable in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment to join a company that manufactures a wide variety of steel and iron parts for basic industry. Apply today!
What You'll Receive:
Pay: starting at $19.00/hr
Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Portland, Oregon
Shift: Monday to Friday Paid Weekly (every Friday)
- Chase crane (rigging for crane operators), hooking up rigging chain to crane hook (approx. 35 lbs.) from floor to chest height, moving large ladles, skiffs of scrap metal and alloy, and ladles of molten metal through the foundry
- Pour metal up to 2,970 degrees from the furnace to the transfer ladle
- Shop clean up, sweeping, shoveling sand, shoveling alloy (up to 50 lbs. on the end of the shovel), and miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Operate forklift to move large items over 50 lbs.
- Work with sand and sand additives to patch ladle lip as needed
- Set an example of excellent performance while keeping safety in mind, performing your assigned tasks in the safest manner as possible, and to encourage co-workers to strive for excellence while maintaining a safe working environment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Trainees must have the ability to advance to higher positions with experience.
- These positions will require greater use of math, reading, and technical skills such as reading engineering drawings, trouble-shooting equipment, and manufacturing issues
- On the job training is conducted.
- Ability to pass a physical, drug test, and background check.
- Must be available to work all shifts (day, swing, and graveyard)
- Must be willing to join the local United Steel Workers Union upon hire (required)
Apply Online: https://www.nextaff.com/employment-seekers/job-board/?rpid=584286&postid=0k3_BwWo_dQ