Packaging Corp of America
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking applicants for General Labor at our Salem, OR facility. Pay rate starts at $17.62 per hour, with the potential to make$23.14 upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
Serving customers in Oregon, PCA Salem takes pride in offering outstanding customer service. We are a full-service supplier of corrugated shipping containers and value-added solutions. Our customers rely onus for package testing, structural design solutions, just-in-time (JIT)deliveries and rush orders.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Stacking bundles repetitively, setting up machinery, and clearing out jam-ups.
- Keep track of unit count and order entry into data-collection system, tagging loads, clean-up, removing bad stock.
- Measure pallets and sheet sizes using tape measure, and housekeeping.
- Must have desire and ability to grow in skills.
- High school education or GED preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Strong verifiable work history/references and excellent attendance with previous employers.
- Previous production experience.
- Ability to move/place/transport up to 30 lbs. repetitively.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to work any of three assigned shifts as needed including weekends.
- Desire and willingness to cross train and learn new skills.
- Ability to follow verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to stand the majority of the day.
This is a full time position. The facility is a 24 hour operation, candidatesmust be able to work any shift and be available for short notice overtime.
PCA provides a comprehensive benefits program
All qualified applicants must apply here: https://careers.packagingcorp.com/career-search/posting/general-laborer/4539/
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.