We are offering a total of $1500.00 Hiring Incentive as follows: $500 after 90 days of employment; $500 after 6 months of employment & $500 after 1 year of employment (subject to your current tax rates). All candidates offered a position are required to pass a drug test and background check. Operation hours are Monday - Friday, 5:30am – 4pm. With flexible schedules of 5/8’s or 4/10’s This is a full time entry level position with cross training lead-ins to operate some of the advanced equipment to meet the needs of the custom cutting and repackaging needs of the facility. Wage is at $20.28 per hour. Company bonuses are possible for every employee that has met the criteria needed to be deemed Full Time at the time the bonuses are awarded, based on the Company’s target goals and success of the Company as a whole. The Utility Person at Front Street will perform a wide variety of support duties including but not limited to those listed below. This person will need to be the break relief forklift operator.
- Preparing railcars for shipping.
- Cabling cars and perform railcar tie down.
- Paper wrap units of lumber.
- Package side load units and load railcars when needed to meet production goals.
- Capable of walking around trailer beds, boxcars, A-frame rail cars, and uneven surfaces.
- Capable of using power saw, bander, and other hand tools in a safe manner.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner so injury does not occur to any employee in the area.
- Follow company lockout, safety and work standards.
- Assist in taking inventory.
- Keep pace with the production flow.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Must be willing to attend any training necessary to upgrade performance.
- Notify supervisor of any problems that arise during the shift.
- Assist fellow personnel during breakdowns.
- Must be willing to train any employees as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in training any new hire in the operation of the portable air gun on railcar cables.
- Secure and maintain any car tightening equipment. Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Have limited mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Secure and maintain any car tightening equipment.
- Responsibilities of employment with enthusiasm while working with other teams and departments focusing on the Hampton Core Values Strong work ethic, sense of commitment, team-oriented, customer focused and willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement.
- Assertive and responsible, while exemplifying the highest level of ethics, honesty and integrity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate opportunities and provide practical solutions given the business environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to accept responsibility and develop their own agenda to support requirements of internal customers.
- Looks for the opportunity and has the capacity to take on additional responsibility.
- Education & Training Required: Obtain and hold current Hampton PIT authorization.
- High school Diploma Required.
Compensation: $20.28 hourly