Grounds Maintenance Worker 2
University of Oregon
Job Summary: Department Summary Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. The units of CPFM strive to provide excellent customer service to the University of Oregon campus and operate with the highest professional standards, communicating and collaborating with customers to support the stewardship of the campus. The Exterior Landscape crew provides a quality environment for students, staff, and community through the exterior maintenance, landscaping, tree care, seasonal/inclement weather response, pest removal, and trash removal.
Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities of the Grounds Maintenance Worker 2 position include primary maintenance responsibility for a designated section of campus grounds. Duties will include:
- performing regular inspections,
- maintaining plants, planting beds, and irrigation systems,
- controlling weeds and litter as needed,
- clearing leaves from campus in the fall in conjunction with the Landscape Team,
- routine mowing, fertilizing and care of campus turf areas using industry BMPs,
- edging, aeration, pest control, and repair of turf, as needed.
This position will assist the Landscape Designer in constructing campus improvement projects, assist the Arborist in ground safety and clearing debris from tree maintenance projects, assist with exterior power washing or light exterior construction projects and work with other groundskeepers to complete larger tasks. In the event of an emergency, this position will respond to conditions such as snow, ice, rain, and windstorms according to the inclement weather plan.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Pesticide applicator's license may be required based on position duties; AND
• Two years experience as a grounds keeper which included plant care;
• An Associate's degree in Landscape Technology or Horticulture; OR
• Completion of a Landscape Certification program or license in a horticultural specialty.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in turf/grass management.
• Experience in arboriculture.
• Experience in irrigation installation, repair or programming.
To apply: Visit our website, create an account, and submit a complete application. https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527525/grounds-maintenance-worker-2