HVAC Craft Instructor
Northwest College of Construction
Job Summary: The Northwest College of Construction has an opening for a skilled Commercial HVAC Craft Instructor. This is a part-time, evening position, teaching a 4-hour class, one night per week.
Compensation: $37-$40 depending upon experience
Job Responsibilities: This position is responsible for teaching apprentices commercial HVAC systems and procedures. Courses are delivered in person, remote, or a hybrid. Instructors are also responsible to maintain student records, progress, grades and attendance.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Verifiable journey-level experience for a minimum of three (3) years in the trade
• Must hold an LE-B, or higher electrical license, or be a retired license holder
• Experience with HVAC systems and procedures including: o Refrigerants, oils, and compressors o Retail refrigeration systems o Various metering devices o Commercial hydronic systems o Steam systems o Water treatment encountered in heating and cooling systems o Heat pumps o Oil heating systems o Electronic controls o Troubleshooting humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, economizers, zone controls, and heat recovery ventilators o Planned maintenance for the systems described above
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Basic computer skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required • Preference is given to graduates of approved apprenticeship programs
APPLY: Complete the Application for Employment at https://nwcoc.com/about-us/employment/. Click “Apply Here” and use the web submission form to submit a current resume, cover letter and NWCOC application. Email Katrina Cloud at KatrinaC@nwcoc.com or call 503-256-7300 x222 for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.