Journey Level Electrician
Job Summary: Neil Kelly has an immediate opening for a licensed Journey-level Electrician in our North Portland office. This position works with our Solar team and is responsible for electrical installations, code compliance, and interfacing with electrical inspectors. While the majority of our jobs are residential rooftop installations, the Electrician will work primarily indoors. You will enjoy regular full-time hours with paid vacation and sick time, holidays and weekends free. Join us in creating a more sustainable future! Neil Kelly is one of the largest remodeling companies in the U.S. We provide desirable jobs right here in the Pacific Northwest. We are a certified B Corporation and have been ranked among the 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon. Neil Kelly Solar specializes in the design, installation and maintenance of residential and commercial solar energy systems. We’ve been a leader in the expansion of cost-effective, renewable energy in the Pacific Northwest.
- Install, retrofit, and trouble-shoot residential and small commercial electrical systems, including solar PV systems, panel and service replacements, branch circuits for remodeling projects, battery storage systems and EV chargers.
- Install wiring, circuits, provide disconnects, and meters per NEC / OESC.
- Install upgrades to load centers, decommission knob and tube systems, and install electrical connections to mechanical systems.
- Supervise and train Apprentices as required.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Meet Neil Kelly Safety standards.
- Knowledge of electrical codes a requirement.
- Familiarity with Oregon Solar Installation Specialty Code.
- Additional responsibilities as directed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a currently licensed Electrician in Oregon (and being licensed in Washington as well is a plus). NOTE: Oregon has reciprocity with Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, Washington or Wyoming. A Journey Level Electrician in any these states can get a license in Oregon.
- Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Be a team player, dependable, punctual and have good attendance.
- Must be a good communicator - written and verbal.
- Must be able to read site plan and single line diagram.
- The physical exertion will include, but will not be limited to carrying, lifting, climbing, crawling, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and hauling. Each will be expected to lift, on a regular basis, between 50-75 pounds. Job site conditions vary greatly.
Apply Online: https://www.neilkelly.com/careers
Job link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5ffc0096-0cbb-4293-b2eb-12ead0021e4f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=437399&lang=en_US&source=EN