Job Summary: ***We are offering a $20,000 sign-on bonus for this position*** This position works a 4x4 rotational shift and will report into the Maintenance Manager. The Journeyman Pipefitter will lay out, install, maintain, and repair all types of pipe fittings and fixtures as required in plant maintenance and construction. Operating off of work instructions and prints, the Pipefitter will use bending, threading, and cut-off machines as well as power tools, soldering and burning equipment, heating torches, welders, testing equipment, and other miscellaneous hand tools in their everyday work. The Pipefitter will work independently with minimum direction of a supervisor, and or lead man. In order to be successful and provide immediate impact you will have to be self-motivated and quickly learn ATI processes. Attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills are included in the skillset of a successful Journeyman Pipefitter.
• Interpret prints, drawings and sketches, plans details of working procedure for tool and material requirements. Selects materials in accordance with suitability for job.
• Lays out work, makes sketches of piping as required, and calculates dimensions and radii of bends.
• Set up and operate bending, threading and cut-off equipment, and uses various hand tools of the trade to shape and fabricated pipe as required for installation.
• Tests, inspects, dismantles, repairs, replaces and installs pumps, hydraulic systems, and any type of piping, fittings and fixtures as required for maintenance and construction of pipe lines for air, water, steam, oil, gas, acid, caustic, etc.
• Make and seal various types of joints such as expansion, flange, nipple, coupling, union, soldered, flared, etc. Fits, tacks, and welds pipe. Installs gaskets, packing, pipe supports, etc.
• Apply various types of insulation and pipe covering.
• Operate heating torch to fabricate plastic components.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 4 years journey level experience in industrial plant pipe fitting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Oregon Journeyman card preferred
Compensation: $38.35- union wages and benefits
Apply Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1115641&d=ATIMetals&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000803430400
Questions? Contact Dawn Gould at Dawn.Gould@ATImetals.com or (541) 214-0393