This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
PGE Journeyman Lineman
Location: Gresham Line Center
Rate of pay: $53.99/hour
At Portland General Electric, our Journeymen Linemen play a critical role in serving our customers and our communities. They bring power to new communities and keep the power flowing to existing customers. When storms or other events disrupt power, linemen are first responders restoring power and reconnecting our customers. PGE Journeymen Linemen directly impact the quality of life for our customers by delivering safe, reliable, and renewably generated power. Our linemen make the difference.
Want to be part of this tradition of service to customers and community?
You should know that we are selective. We have a rigorous selection process where dedicated professionals who do quality work, safely, really shine.
In return, our compensation is highly competitive, ranking among the highest in Oregon and the US. It also reflects the value we place on our linemen and the critical service they provide. Here is the rest of our package:
- $15k signing bonus
- 3 weeks paid training
- Referral Bonus Program
- 401k match of 5% with additional 6% profit share.
- Free safety gear
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Excellent health and dental options for all dependents
- 25% off your electric bill, if you live in PGE service territory, after six months of employment
We are located in Western Oregon, and here in Oregon, we love the outdoors: camping, hiking, hunting and fishing, crabbing at the coast, skiing on Mt Hood! We also love great food, craft beer, and Oregon wine!
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed an accredited journeyman line apprenticeship program and have taken and passed a journeyman lineman test.
- Proof of apprenticeship hours (upon request)
- Possess a Journeyman Lineman card
- Possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and have a good driving record
- Hot stick experience preferred
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to climb
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact: