Portland General Electric
At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven’t stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We’re always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
At PGE we have a few positions that we hire consistently through the year and Journeyman Lineman is one of them!
We are developing a talent pool for these opportunities across our territory. Though not all locations are available at all times, let us know your interest and let's start the conversation!
PGE Journeyman Lineman
Location: Various - Depending upon Availability
Rate of pay: $57.77/hour
Shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM / Monday - Friday
At Portland General Electric, our Journeymen Linemen play a critical role in serving our customers and our communities. They bring power to new communities and keep the power flowing to existing customers. When storms or other events disrupt power, Linemen are first responders restoring power and reconnecting our customers. PGE Journeymen Linemen directly impact the quality of life for our customers by delivering safe, reliable, and renewably generated power. Our linemen make all the difference!
Want to be part of this tradition of service to customers and community?
You should know that we are selective. We have a rigorous selection process where dedicated professionals who do quality work safely, really shine.
In return, our compensation is highly competitive, ranking among the highest in Oregon and the US. It also reflects the value we place on our Linemen and the critical service they provide. Here an overview of our package:
- $25k signing bonus
- $10K relocation bonus (offered per distance policy)
- 3 weeks paid training
- Referral Bonus Program
- 401k match of 5% with additional 6% profit share.
- Company provided safety gear
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Excellent health and dental options for all dependents
- 25% off your electric bill, if you live in PGE service territory, after six months of employment
Our service territory is North Western Oregon, and we love the outdoors: camping, hiking, hunting and fishing, crabbing at the coast, skiing on Mt Hood! We also love great food, craft beer, and Oregon wine!
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed an accredited journeyman line apprenticeship program and have taken and passed a Journeyman Lineman test.
- Proof of apprenticeship hours. (JATC Preferred)
- Possess an active Journeyman Lineman card.
- Possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and have a history of good driving practices.
- Hot stick experience preferred.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to climb.
Join us today and power your potential!
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE believes in rewarding dedicated performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE does not discriminate on the basis of disability. We recognize individuals have a variety of abilities to offer and we believe there is much to value and celebrate by incorporating different abilities into the work we do. One very important way we live this out is in our application and interview process. We work hard to support individuals who may need an accommodation to fully participate in these processes. If you feel you may need an accommodation, or would like to request one, please notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) associated with the job posting. You may also make this request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-464-7250. The Recruiter will provide information and next steps for the accommodation process. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team is also available for support. You can contact them at email@example.com.