Portland Public Schools
Job Summary: Portland Public Schools (PPS) is actively seeking a Landscape Laborer to execute all work assignments from Foremen or Assistant Foremen with the craftsmanship expected of skilled trade journeymen and within the constraints of authorized expenditures and applicable district standards. This role will comply with all applicable work rules and District policies and all federal, state, and local codes and regulations. You will perform a variety of tasks involving physical labor, including but not limited to digging, lifting, carrying, holding, mixing, spreading, and cleaning, and which may include the operation of equipment powered by air, electricity, gasoline, diesel and/or natural gas (propane). Under general supervision, you will perform journey level work in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of labor related tasks; may direct the work of other staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Evidence of successful substantial work experience in this trade including recent experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in the landscaping trade.
- A valid state driver's license.
- A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is preferred or the ability to acquire a CDL.
- Laborer/Groundskeeper must have, or have the ability to acquire within 6 months of hire date, a valid state Public Pesticide Applicators license and required license categories.
- Must be able to speak, understand and write English proficiently.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, push a loaded wheelbarrow across a school campus, bend, crawl, stoop, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or notice of medical or religious exception at the time of hire.
Compensation: $26.74 per hour.
How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 23624 to access the full job description and apply.