Landscape Maintenance Supervisor
University of Oregon
Facilities Services is a unit within Campus Planning and Facilities Management in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful. The Exterior Landscape crew provides a quality environment for students, staff, and community through the exterior maintenance, landscaping, tree care, seasonal/inclement weather response, pest removal and litter removal.
Job Responsibilities: The Landscape Maintenance Supervisor serves as the direct supervisor of the Landscape Maintenance staff. Landscaping refers to all vegetation, shrubs, turf, trees, soils, mulch beds, and things that grow outdoors. This crew consists of 11 Grounds Keepers, 3 Maintenance Laborer Coordinator, 2-3 student workers, and up to 3 temporary workers. The supervisor is not directly responsible for a budget, but works in conjunction with the Associate Director of Environmental Services in managing the overall Landscape budget. Responsibilities include purchasing and inventory of maintenance supplies, monitoring equipment maintenance, and coordinating work by others. This also includes working with FASS-HR for hiring, administering discipline when necessary, and termination for the Landscape Maintenance staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Five years of progressive, professional landscape maintenance experience.
• Three years of experience supervising, or working as lead worker, for a crew of at least 5 people.
Preferred Skills &Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or Landscape Architecture, Botany or related field from an accredited institution.
• Experience or education concerning the maintenance of trees.
• Two years’ experience leading an organization of over 10 people.
• Experience with landscape maintenance for lots and parcels larger than 1 acre.
• State of Oregon Pesticide Applicator License
• Experience supervising union-represented staff.
• Experience using standard office computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel).
To apply: Visit our website, create an account, and submit a complete application. https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527503/landscape-maintenance-supervisor