EVRAZ Oregon Steel Mill
Job Summary: We are seeking a Maintenance Helper to support our Central Maintenance team. Incumbents in the role will be responsible for assisting our maintenance department as they work to install and repair equipment and machinery within our Mill site.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Adjust, maintain and repair tools, equipment and machines.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Hold or supply tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
- Position vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools and moving equipment.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Prepare workstations for use by mechanics and repairers.
- Complete regular equipment inspection rounds.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to work in an environment subject to fluctuation in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise.
- Strong decision making skills to determine the level of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to perform a task safely.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Strong communication skills; Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other programs.
- Ability to write, follow detailed work instructions and give feedback in a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Prior forklift, skid steer (bobcat), and man lift experience or willing to obtain an EVRAZ certification.
Apply direct to our careers site at: https://evrazna.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/EVRAZ/job/Portland-OR-USA/Maintenance-Helper_R1888
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org