Maintenance Welding and Machine Shop Supervisor
Job Summary: ATI is hiring a positive, focused, safety minded Welding & Machine Shop Supervisor to join ATI's Specialty Alloys and Components team in Albany, Oregon. This is a day shift position with some overtime available. The Welding & Machine Shop Leader is responsible for effectively maintaining critical production equipment by supervising activities of a crew with 10 to 20 journeyman craft employees. In order to become successful and provide immediate impact, you will have to quickly learn ATI’s facility, processes and culture. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including a unionized workforce, engineering, quality, and safety. Attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to act quickly and make impactful decisions, and exceptional interpersonal skills are included in the skillset of a successful Welding & Machine Shop Supervisor.
• Manage concurrent maintenance activities in order to effectively maintain industrial manufacturing equipment and facilities on a 7-day/week, 24-hour basis.
• Manage daily shift schedule to complete welding or machining maintenance activities and prioritize break-in work according to critical business needs.
• Procure parts, supplies, and services used in day to day welding / machining activities.
• Perform administrative duties such as time and attendance, lead safety discussions around monthly safety trainings, and conduct behavior based safety observations.
• Provide disciplinary and corrective action plans for employees as necessary.
• Insure all supervised employees meet annual safety training requirements, continuing education for licensing, and adhere to all government regulations as well as Company policies and procedures.
• Manage special projects as directed.
• Develop, educate, and guide crew in proper maintenance direction.
• Create or modify drawings and other documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Associate's degree in Engineering or a Maintenance-related discipline. (In lieu of an Associate's Degree, at least 4 years of experience welding and/or machining in an industrial and/or manufacturing setting.)
• At least 2 years of formal or informal leadership experience.
• Must Possess or be able to obtain within 1 year of hire date, one of the following:
o AWS/CWS -- Certified Welding Supervisor Certificate or o AWS/CWI -- Certified Welding Inspector Certificate.
o Working knowledge / Experience with tools and machinery that would be found in a maintenance machine shop, such as but not limited to : Vertical lathes, horizontal boring mill, portable keyway cutter, CNC lathes, surface grinder and other various equipment.
o Working knowledge / Experience with fabrication tools such as press brakes, shears, welding and cutting equipment, techniques for mild steel, stainless steel and exotic metals.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• 2 years of experience utilizing computerized maintenance management systems and software preferred.
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office Software Suite particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to plan, assign and monitor work, motivate and coach staff.
• Experience with LEAN manufacturing practices and continuous improvement concepts desired.
• Experience supervising bargaining unit employees is desired.
Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000 annually
Apply Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1115641&d=ATIMetals&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000834134306
Questions? Contact Dawn Gould at Dawn.Gould@ATImetals.com or (541) 214-0393