Manager, Communications Operations
Portland General Electric
Job Summary: Manager, Communications Operations At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven’t stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We’re always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
Please apply directly through our PGE Career page to be considered: https://portlandgeneral.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/pgn/details/Manager--Communications-Operations_R3981-1?q=R3981&_ga=2.139965043.1116961956.1651778963-1851697661.1608050380
Manager, Communications Operations Job Function: Provides oversight to field communication technician employees in safely installing, maintaining, and repairing PGE’s communication systems.
• Staff Management
- Manages a team of professional and/or technical staff responsible for construction, maintenance, inspection, analysis, troubleshooting and investigation of PGE’s control, protection, automation, or telecommunication systems. Provides technical management for the team, ensuring that objectives are met, and all relevant standards/procedures are followed. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved. Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are current and fit for the purpose.
• Program Management
- Contributes to execution of PGE power delivery and corporate capital investment plans, as well as integrated grid strategies. Adapts departmental plans to address business and operational challenges, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Assists with annual operations and maintenance plans, policies, goals and objectives of the particular area managed. Implements procedures and standards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or other related field or equivalent applicable union technical experience.
• Prefer eight or more years in the utility industry with five years in a related technology field, including management/supervisory or other leadership experience.
• Requires valid driver’s license and a history of safe driving practices.
• Prefer experience with utility communication systems Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) Functional Competencies
• Working knowledge of NERC, OPUC and FCC requirements for construction and maintenance work as they relate to distribution, substation, or communication systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of theory and practice of power quality, control, protection, automation, or telecommunication concepts.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant equipment, computer systems and applications, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective and secure operations.