University of Oregon
Job Summary: Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. The units of CPFM strive to provide excellent customer service to the University of Oregon campus and operate with the highest professional standards, communicating and collaborating with customers to support the stewardship of the campus. The Office of Design and Construction (D&C) works closely with Facilities personnel, faculty, and staff across campus to deliver successful, budget-conscious projects. Project sizes range from under $50,000 to over $200M. Project types include small departmental moves, interior renovations, new building construction, and many different types in between.
Compensation: $77,000 - $85,000 per year
Job Responsibilities: This position represents the University of Oregon an Owner's Representative for Design and Construction (D&C) projects providing the management, leadership, and oversight to the delivery of University construction projects of varying sizes and complexity ($5k - $200M+). Depending on the team assignment, this position may focus on academic buildings, research and science buildings, systems and infrastructure, auxiliary groups, or capital repair projects. Owner's Representatives for Design & Construction report to D&C Managers.
Projects types include, but are not limited to, remodels, tenant in-fill, additions, site, systems, infrastructure, and ground-up construction projects. This position is responsible for the development and management of the overall project budget, schedule, design process, contract administration, construction delivery, and close-out components of a given project.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely-related field OR ten years of experience managing building construction and site development projects within an architectural, engineering, construction firm or as an Owners representative.
• Five years of engineering, architectural, construction management or Owners representative experience, which includes two years of experience of primary project management responsibility involving building construction and site development.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with public processes.
• Experience with Research and Science based projects.
• Experience with Utility and MEP systems construction.
APPLY: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application, including an online application, a cover letter, resume, and answers to the following supplemental question: 1) Please explain your relevant professional experiences and how these experiences have prepared you for the University of Oregon’s Owners Representative position. https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/528116/owners-representative