Rehab Project Manager
Job Summary: This is a grant funded position limited to 30 months of employment managing all aspects of Habitat’s home rehab program. This position will lead efforts to inspect and rehab 42 single family homes as they are purchased and resold to partner families.
• Develop and manage construction plans, schedules and budgets for on-time, on-budget, high-quality rehabs in accordance with affiliate plans
• Perform inspections and create project assessments of purchased homes
• Create work plans that meet affiliate policy and family needs, and secure permits
• Select and manage subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with affiliate policy and engage them as construction partners as well as in-kind donors whenever possible
• Work with Family Services Manager to coordinate partner family involvement
• Ensure compliance with applicable sustainable building standards, safety regulations, and affiliate policy
• Maintain good relationships with inspectors and schedule all permitting inspections in a timely manner
• Work with Construction Coordinators to schedule in volunteer build days on projects as needed Human Resources
• Work closely with other staff to as needed to provide donor, volunteer, and other supporters access to the job sites as opportunities allow.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Support and endorse the Habitat for Humanity mission
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Strong communication skills with the ability to lead, teach and motivate volunteer work crews
• Construction management skills and experience
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to plan, budget and schedule
• Ability to manage multiple variables in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, calm and good-natured
• Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and other Project software solutions
• Knowledge and experience with home construction and ability to identify issues, problem solve, and lead effective repairs.
• Knowledge of sustainable building practices
• Ability to train persons of varying skill levels and to work with a wide spectrum of people in a collaborative way
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed. Access to a car is required to fill some of the duties of this position.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and Saturdays.
APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references to Habitat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin immediately. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment.