Safety and Wellness Manager
Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is seeking a full-time, limited duration Safety Manager to be responsible for the administration and management of OYA safety and wellness programs and Worker's Compensation program. In consultation with SAIF Corporation and DAS Risk Management and Human Resource Services Division, this position develops, coordinates and administers agency policies, procedures and training related to Workers Compensation, safety, and wellness.
- Consult with SAIF Corp. and DAS Risk Management to guide and assist administrators and managers in developing and implementing programs and strategies to improve safety and health program performance.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to safety, health, and wellness.
- Evaluate safety program effectiveness and ensure regulatory compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and policies.
- Analyze Workers’ Compensation data and workplace operations to identify and develop preventative safety procedures and resolve safety issues.
- Partner with agency training academy and leadership to ensure preventative and proactive communication and training is in place to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Direct and guide agency-wide safety committee to develop agency and program strategies to ensure safety goals and objectives are met.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to Workers’ Compensation processes.
- Coordinate and track funding from the Employer-at-Injury-Program
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field; and two years of experience in Workers' Compensation insurance loss prevention or as an occupational health and safety representative in an industrial, manufacturing, government, utilities, institutional, or agricultural setting OR Five years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety consultation work in an industrial, manufacturing, government, utilities, institutional, or agricultural setting or in Workers' Compensation insurance loss prevention.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to integrate physical and psychological safety, diversity, inclusion, and performance into an overarching safety program.
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Outstanding professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with safety standards, practices, policies, procedures, and law
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and exercise judgment in dealing with external and internal entities, and corporate and institutional representatives
- Experience developing safety procedures; formulating policies to enhance safety programs and establishing safety committee structures in alignment with SAIF and Worker’s Compensation laws, rules, and policies.
Compensation: $5,079 - $7,494 monthly