The Sr Welder operates various welding equipment to fabricate, build or modify product, equipment, accessory equipment and components. In this role you will work independently with minimal supervision reading blueprints and completing projects according to industry standards.
- Perform appropriate techniques for preparing and finishing weld joints.
- Inspects products at various stages in the production process for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, weld, alignment.
- Works efficiently by identifying waste and improvements in process.
- Responsible for more complex and custom fabricating/welding projects.
- Operates assigned equipment safely in accordance with company and OSHA safety programs and rules.
- Reports quality and production concerns and issues to supervisor.
- Cross trains with other work stations within department.
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical school or welding certification preferred.
- 2+ years of previous welding experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to work well autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
Compensation: $25/hr.+ w/ experience
Apply online at: https://careers.matw.com/job-invite/5838/