Technical Field Consultant – Central Oregon
We are looking for an organized, analytical, innovative, inquisitive, and collaborative individual with a passion for sustainable building. You possess a wealth of building science knowledge, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and very high standards in everything you do. You should enjoy working on construction sites, writing, teaching, learning, and understand the importance of all associated administrative tasks.
- Perform accurate building inspections and complete all required checklists and forms, for both single family and multi-family construction.
- Perform diagnostic testing including, but not limited to: duct testing, blower door testing, CAZ testing, and air flow testing.
- Provide education regarding the ENERGY STAR, Earth Advantage, and LEED for Homes programs to builders, sub-contractors, developers, and subcontractors on a one-on-one basis, as a support to the green building consultants.
- Communicate effectively with EA technicians.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Lift 50-60 lbs at any given time
- Supply vehicle to and from job site and other assigned duties
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Superior customer service skills and a sincere desire to help people
- Excellent interpersonal communication, research, and writing skills
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituents
- High motivation with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to keep stakeholders informed at all times
- Computer skill set – Microsoft Office
- Interact and communicate with confidence in the green building field (with general contractors, superintendents, developers, architects, and homeowners)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Availability to work occasional evenings
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, sustainability, or related field (or equivalent)
- LEED for Homes Green Rater
- HERS Verifier or Rater
- ENERGY STAR Verifier
- BPI Energy Analyst and Envelope Professional
- Energy Trust of Oregon EPS Verifier
- Two years of experience in green building
- Trade experience such as: HES assessments, insulation, HVAC, framing, or electric installation
- Two years of experience in education, or training and development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Very savvy with new technology
- Fluency in two or more languages
Compensation: $45,000 - $55,000
How to Apply:
Please submit the following materials by email to apply for this position (PDF Format Only) to: email@example.com
Subject line should read:
“Technical Field Consultant – Last name, First name”. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)