Utility Worker II Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship is for 4,000 hours approx. 2 years.
About the Apprenticeship:
In this apprenticeship you will learn about water system infrastructure installation & maintenance, work site preparation, maintenance and clean-up, tool use and maintenance, hydrant, fountain, and water facility site maintenance, as well as receive a large amount of safety training.
Apprentices work in a variety of construction, maintenance and operational functions. Employees occupying positions in this class are responsible for learning and performing light to heavy manual labor and assisting in the performance of semi-skilled tasks, including the maintenance and construction of the City's water distribution system, driving trucks, transporting work crews and performing Portland Water Bureau site maintenance. Work duties are routine, but as employees gain experience, assignments may become more complex and of a semi-skilled nature.
Apprentice work is usually closely supervised with the employee receiving specific instructions at the beginning of each new job. Less supervision is exercised over routine and repetitive tasks, which can be carried out without difficulty once they are learned. Work is subject to review in progress and upon completion.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess a valid state driver's license and acceptable driving record at the time of hire.
- Possess or obtain a class "A" CDL within 6 months from date of hire. In-house training available on Saturdays.
- For information on the requirements please visit the Oregon Department of Transportation website
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
This is an Entry Level Apprenticeship. In this Position you will learn about water system infrastructure installation & maintenance, work site preparation, maintenance and clean-up, tool use and maintenance, hydrant, fountain, and water facility site maintenance, as well as receive a large amount of safety training.
Compensation: $20.15 - $26.62
How to Apply: Apply Online
NOTE: Please ensure the following fields are completed when filling out your work experience portion of your application. (Please note that volunteer experience that is relatable to the minimum qualifications can be included in the Work Experience portion)
- Name of Position.
- Months / Years Worked.
- Name / Location of Company.
- Name of Supervisor / Phone number.
- Duties: For each job include details describing your experience and / or training which clearly address ALL of the minimum qualifications identified in the "To Qualify" section of the announcement that apply to that job.
- Work Status: Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.