Waste and Recycling Truck Driver Training
Portland Haulers Association
The industry-designed FREE training includes:
• 12-weeks of integrated hands-on and classroom training
• Preparation for Oregon’s Commercial Driver License (CDL) Test
• Industry relevant topics:
- Container Moving
- Customer Service Skills
- Fire Safety Training
- Garbage Truck Cleaning
- Hauler Specific Inspections
- Route Sheet Reading
- Using Hydraulic Hand Controls
• Site visits to transfer station, landfill sites and recycling centers.
• Interviews with local employers upon graduation.
Entry-level driver positions in Portland’s garbage and
recycling industry offer:
• Career stability
• Opportunity for advancement into leadership positions
• Wage growth
• Wages ranging from $18 - $29/hour
(depending on shift and union/non-union employer)
To be eligible for this class participants:
• Be at least 21 years of age, or turn 21, by end of training
• Pass a drug screen prior to the start of training
• Be legally eligible to work in the United States
• Have had a Class C State Driver License for at least one year
Priority for acceptance to the training will be given to women and people of color.
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/h3yxsUjAjGRkgARh7
This program funded in whole or in part through the US Department of Labor and fund from the Portland Haulers Association. We are an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY/TDD—dial 7-1-1 toll free relay service. Access free online relay service at: www.sprintrelayonline.com
The Waste and Recycling Truck Driver Training is a program of the Portland Haulers Association developed with Interstate Trucking Academy and WorkSource Portland Metro.