A hands-on Career Fair Introducing High-Wage, High-Skill Careers in the trades. Access opportunities for career education without college debt!
Friday, May 14, 2021 – School Day
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
For students attending with their school
Registration will open in January 2021.
NECA/IBEW Electrical Training Center
16021 NE Airport Way
Portland OR 97230
While focused on presenting these career options to female-identified job seekers, Oregon Tradeswomen’s Career Fair is open to everyone! Most workshops are managed by tradeswomen, demonstrating the power and potential of a truly diverse workforce.
Oregon Tradeswomen’s goal is to offer middle and high school students a unique educational opportunity, and introduce the many career options available in the trades where they can earn while they learn and access debt-free career education!
School Day at Oregon Tradeswomen’s annual Career Fair offers a unique, hands-on opportunity for students to learn about apprenticeship and career training opportunities after high school without the burden of college debt. The interactive, hands-on learning opportunities allow students to use the tools of the trades, talk directly with tradeswomen about the work they do, and gain knowledge about satisfying, high-paying careers in the construction trades. All students are welcome to attend.
- Review Student Conduct Guidelines with your group.
- Signed permission and photo release forms are needed for each student attending (Download in English or Spanish).PLEASE BE SURE TO USE OREGON TRADESWOMEN’S FORMS AND BRING SIGNED COPIES WITH YOU. You MUST include Oregon Tradeswomen’s release forms with any release forms specific to your school or organization.
- One adult chaperon is required for every 10 students. (11 students = 2 chaperons)
- Closed-toed shoes and pants are required for all participants!
- Dress for the weather! Some activities are outdoors.
- Your students will need to bring sack lunches. There are no on-site food options or microwaves.
If you have any questions about your registration, or want to update the number of people attending with your group, please contact Oregon Tradeswomen at 503.335.8200 x 122 or send email to email@example.com.