Seasonal Public Utility Worker 1
The City of Gresham has twenty-three (23) job opportunities for Seasonal Public Utility Workers (PUW I) in our five (5) Public Works Divisions at the Gresham Operations Center. The Parks, Stormwater, Wastewater, Water and Transportation Divisions are seeking qualified, reliable and hard-working individuals to maintain city's park facilities, stormwater and wastewater infrastructures, drinking water resources and roadways. If you enjoy being physically active, working outside, working in a team environment and want to help make your community clean, safe, and welcoming for all, join us! The Seasonal PUW I are entry level positions and open to all adults, 18 years and older. Training will be provided to help you build the skills and knowledge for a career in public works at the City of Gresham or elsewhere. Parks division Seasonals will start work from April through September 2023 Stormwater, Wastewater, Water, and Transportation divisions will begin their season from May through October 2023
- Learn more by watching these short videos:
- Come join the City's seasonal work crew: https://youtu.be/idxH9safEOs
- How I launched my career in Public Works: https://youtu.be/tk7uVftxsrI
- As a Public Utility Worker, you will be responsible for performing regular and recurring installation, maintenance, repair and testing activities on the City's sewer, storm water, streets, clean water systems, parks, and related facilities.
- You may operate a variety of tools and equipment such as: shovels, picks, tapping machine, power hacksaws, drills, welders, jackhammers, compressors, portable concrete saws, hand and riding mowers, powered edgers, back-pack blowers, weed-eaters, powered pole-saws, chainsaws, skill saws, pressure washers, and brush chippers.
- We will train people on all tasks to be performed. Seasonal employees support good roadways, clean water delivery, inviting park systems and environmentally sound processing of storm water and sewer waste.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We want people who are willing to learn, work hard, show up on time each day with a good attitude, and can get along well with others while taking direction from supervisors.
- Like physical labor, working outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Have a strong work ethic and be reliable
- Have integrity and be safety minded
- Have a friendly personality to interact with Gresham community
- Can work in a team or independently
- Have construction and or landscaping background
- City's core values: Collaborative - We work together; Practical - We get it done; Inventive - We seize opportunities; Nimble - We roll with it; and Equitable - We remove barriers
- Must be a high school graduate or have passed the GED test of equivalency
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess a good driving record (based on our driving matrix as listed below)
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the date of the hire
- Must possess the physical ability to lift objects
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated manual labor work experience
- Experience working outdoors
- Experience with landscaping and/or construction
- Flagger certification
Compensation: $21.51 Hourly
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/gresham/jobs/3903140/seasonal-public-utility-worker-1?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs Required Application Materials: Complete online application Answers to supplemental questions