Job Summary: We are a residential design-build firm in Northeast Portland seeking an exceptional Lead Carpenter. We would like to work with someone who has a track record of hard work and producing results. If that sounds like you, we offer opportunities to grow and value a great work/life balance for our employees. Candidate must have expertise in all aspects of remodeling, from rough through finish, including concrete, carpentry and supervisory experience. We earn our reputation every day, and the qualified candidate must demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, dependability, and excellent customer service.
Job Responsibilities: This position requires an applicant with a minimum of five years’ experience in residential remodeling, is fluent in English and has the ability to perform a broad range of tasks including:
• Supervisory experience of carpenters and all trades
• Excellent finish and remodeling skills
• Concrete experience with foundation and flatwork
• Independently execute framing plans
• Installation of siding
• Installation of pre-hung windows and doors
• Glass and glazing installation
• Erect scaffolding and ladders
• Ability to climb ladders and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs.
• Ability to read plans
• Material take-off and procurement
• Superior customer service and communication skills
• Follow safety rules and regulations
• Maintain a safe and clean environment
• Availability for occasional after-hours emergencies
Required Skills and Qualifications: Availability for occasional after-hours emergencies. We have a Carpentry Skills Questionnaire that all lead carpenters need to answer before moving forward with hiring. This position requires attention to detail, pride in work, integrity, good communication and organizational skills, strong sense of teamwork and the ability to work independently. Pre-employment testing will include drug screening and background check. A valid OR driver’s license and clean driving record will be required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: This position requires an applicant with a minimum of five years’ experience in residential remodeling, is fluent in English and has the ability to perform a broad range of tasks
Compensation: $25 to $30/hour, DOE, and benefits after two months. Benefit package includes health insurance and dental insurance paid entirely by employer, and company matched Simple IRA after eligibility. We're a company that takes pride in it’s work and in our team. For more information about us, visit www.roloffconstruction.com
Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll receive a skill set questionnaire to fill out and send back.