Four times per year, Oregon Tradeswomen, Inc. offers a 7-week training class to prepare women to enter into high-wage, high-skill careers in the construction trades. OTI’s Trades and Apprenticeship Career Class includes classroom training, hands-on construction work experience, field trips to job sites and apprenticeship training centers, strength/fitness training, construction math and measurement, certification in OSHA 10, career counseling and job placement assistance!
Comments from OTI Graduates About their Experience
Information about OTI’s Trades and Apprenticeship Career Class
In OTI’s Trades and Apprenticeship Career Class, students:
- Learn basic trades math and measurement
- Receive an introduction to green building
- Explore topics such as job site safety and construction culture
- Learn to use hand and power tools
- Gain 30 hours of hands-on experience working alongside skilled female instructors on real job sites
- Go on field trips to apprenticeship training centers and active construction sites
- Improve physical fitness with strength training taught by a certified fitness trainer
Upon graduation, OTI career counselors assist TACC graduates with their job search and application to apprenticeship training programs. OTI career counselors also provide individualized employment counseling throughout the entire course of the graduate’s trades career.
TACC Class enrollment requirements
- The ability to get a drivers’ license before official enrollment (with priority given to students that have a valid license)
- GED or HS Diploma
- Basic English speaking skills
- A stable living situation
- Stable mental health
- Physical fitness level sufficient to do physical labor all day
- Ability to pass a drug test
Additional information about OTI’s TACC Class
When does TACC Class meet?
Class meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 7 weeks, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
How much does TACC Class cost?
Thanks to OTI’s supporters, the TACC Class is offered to women at no charge.
How do I get started with TACC Class?
Call 503.335.8200 x21 or click on the REGISTER button (at right) to sign up for the next TACC Class information session. Attending an information session is the first step.